Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Summer

This was my first summer for many things:

  • Being stranded (3 hours from home)
  • Camping in Utah
  • Breaking the law to build a fire in our fire pit so we didn't starve
  • Riding a motorcycle more than five minutes (22 hours twice in one week)
  • Have semi-paralysis
  • Be present for Chris's birthday
  • Go cliff diving
  • Play on a rope swing
  • Know someone in the Olympics
  • Backflip on a regular trampoline
  • Jump on a mattress outside
  • Grow out my "facial hair" more than two days
  • Had the wind blow my door closed and locked my keys in the car (while it was raining and I was in the canyon)
  • Rear-ended by a semi
  • Sleeping on the side of the road
  • Attending someone else's family reunion
  • Tree fell across the road in front of me (luckily I was on a motorcycle and could traverse the obstacle)
  • Was asked what the second button on my car door opener did. I said I'd never known. The next day I accidentally hit it on my way to work and it set off my roommate's car! [no affect on mine]
  • Asked myself "Why don't kids ever say they want to grow up to be Santa Claus?"
  • Thought twice about the Willie Wanka and the Chocolate Factory quote "No one ever goes in. No one ever comes out." (Chris's reaction - well, duh!)
  • Thought of a new slogan for the Marines - "The few; the proud; the prideful few"
  • Been told "Don't ask questions you don't know the answer to." "Don't talk with your mouth open." "Don't chew with your mouth full." (Thank you Greg)
  •  First time I've ever wanted someone to fail in their career
  • Playing angry birds and earned three stars on all stages
That exhausts my memory



  I don't give a hoot





No comments:

Post a Comment