Friday, March 16, 2012

Birthdays!

Today my older brother Richard turns 25, and younger sister Elizabeth ("Scruff") turns 14.


Now, whenever you look at the side of Shopko you will think of me. This took a long time of holding my arm up with multiple cans of spray paint. Lucky I didn't mess up!


We are a pretty easily-entertained family, but Richard is especially imaginative and creative. This kid knows how to have fun! Nothing quite like living in the parking lot of a liquor store in the Baltimore 90 degree weather for two weeks without running water. When it comes to showers, corner of the tent gets the most rain says Weatherman Carmack. 


This kid can eat like no other!

My favorite thing about my brother Richard is how supportive and loving he is. He gets along with almost anyone he meets. Very rarely do you come across someone that has a quarrel with him. Richard loves all, he is not afraid to be himself and do what he wants, and enjoys motivating others and making them feel good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sister, Elizabeth, is growing older and taller. She will likely pass me in height in the next few years. To me, she answers to "Scruff." She is very active and likes running around. A few years ago we were playing outside on a hot summer day. When she came inside I commented on her frizzy, sweaty hair and said she was scruffy to which she responded, "I'm not scruffy!!!!" From then on I had to call her Scruffy. The name grew on her; at school there was another Elizabeth in her class and the teacher asked if either of them went by any different names. Elizabeth responded, "I go by Scruff sometimes." 


My favorite thing about my sister is her endless hobbies.
  • She can read faster than me, reading six books at once sometimes. 
  • Enjoys playing outdoors and with the neighbors
  • Plays the violin, piano, and cello
  • Recently she has joined the Drama crowd. Tonight is her opening performance in "Oliver!"
  • We play many sports with her, especially tennis, volleyball, basketball, ping pong
  • Knitting and sewing
  • Horseback Riding
  • DDR, card games, and strategy board games
  • ... To name a few





Happy Birthday You Two!!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice Aaron. Thanks for doing this for Richard & Lizzy. 'Tis a spark of ingenuity. Much appreciated. hugs, your mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. corrections, i don't knit anymore, so there. then i don't read 6 books at a time, maybe 3 books at a time. never six.
    scruff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regardless, it is (was) your birthday, so happy birthday.

      Delete
  3. Love the pictures!!! Love the read...Keep them coming!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you too Aaron. Thanks for the thought :-)

    ReplyDelete