Monday, March 19, 2012

Ice Fishing

My favorite thing to do is fish. However, I've never been ice fishing... UNTIL Feb 25th!

Dallas Shanks, a former New Yorker, invited Greg Rumsey to go ice fishing. He had never been and was very excited! Luckily for me, he was nice enough to think of me and mention to Dallas that fishing was my favorite activity. Dallas responded and said I was welcome to join!

Early Feb 25th, Greg and I set out on our adventure. We drove to Heber where Dallas picked us up and drove on to Strawberry Reservoir. It was 1 degree outside! So we sat there in the sun for about an hour, basking in the sun. Until the winds began... They started slow, then picked up to about 25 MPH and stayed that way for the next 5-6 hours. A tad bit nippy, but I loved it!


After much patience and quite a bit of marvelous relaxing, I snagged a beauty! The rainbow trout was the first I have caught. Even though it was the runt of the litter, I was SO excited! We were able to keep three of the fish, and let me tell you... rainbow trout taste DELICIOUS!

The Bounty!

Happy to have been able to go ice fishing!!!

Also exciting events in the near future:
  1. Momma Carmack is here to visit for the next week and a half!
  2. First tournament soccer game Thursday night @ 7:00!
  3. Hunger Games Midnight Showing Thursday!
  4. Euchre Friday night and Jackie comes to visit!
  5. Playing with horses on Saturday again!
  6. No exams this week!

1 comment:

  1. HEY! that's me on numero 4. never been on someone else's blog before haha

    ReplyDelete