Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fuzz


Until Thursday I had only had a few run-ins with the cops. Most of them were alright, a few of them were rude encounters. Thursday was my first time being pulled over. I was on my way to Logan to visit my brother, a trip I've taken many times, and one canyon in particular he told me to take at 60 mph where the speed limit was 60. I was going 58 mph on a downhill stretch and being passed by two cars going ~5-10 mph faster. I was in the right lane and not even going 60 because I knew I could get pulled over for 61 mph. On came the lights from the cop car. I pulled over to let him pass and he came up behind me, wasted my time, yadda yadda. "Do you know what the speed limit is?" "60" "I clocked you at 74. That's speeding." Since I haven't been pulled over before I didn't know my place to tell him he was wrong, so I just sat through all his crap about how he was going to be nice and write me a ticket for only going 10 over. He was about 70 years old and it was 9:00 p.m. I'm surprised he could drive. When I pulled into Logan my brother told me he had a ticket a little earlier for "74 in a 60" (same place) and he was driving at 63.
Is this considered armed robbery?
From this stupid $90 gesture of one policeman I have gone from impartial on the subject of hating/liking cops to thinking they are ridiculous. This is a bit extreme, but so is pulling someone over who is going 2 mph under the speed limit and telling them they're going 16 mph faster than they were while cars were passing them.
All respect you ever owned has been lost.







 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Stealing my identity would be like accidentally kidnapping a retard."
BOGO = Buy one get one. They had better give you one! Why not BOGT? Now THAT is an actual deal. So many people fall for this one.
"You're a wizard Harry." "Yeah, and you're a hairy wizard?"


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment