Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tonight On This Week's New's

This week has been ridonculously wild.
  • We have a new apartmentmate who goes by the name of Richard. He is very much welcomed. He is clean, considerate, and has even made me my favorite dinner.
  • Monday Morning I went to Kneader's with Whitni and Marissa to enjoy some all-you-can-eat delicious french toast!
  • I no longer have a school gym membership and am currently membershipless, so I've picked up running. I ran half an hour Monday, two hours Tuesday, an hour of hills Wednesday, and half an hour today. 
  • After running I went to my first BYU lacrosse game and watched the madness. It was a lot of fun!
  • Monday night I watched Super 8 with the Englands and had some more of some treats I made
  • Tuesday I began Spring Term classes. I have only one class, definitely a first and looking forward to the break.
  • Treat #1
    Treat #2 Ice Cream Pie. Super simple. Let ice cream melt a little, stir in crushed up candy bars, stick in pie crust and freeze. Yum!
     
Tuesday night I went to my first NBA game with Uncle Wayne. It just happened to be the biggest game of the season. Jazz vs Suns. Whoever wins secures an 8 seed in the playoffs. We had first row balcony seats with no one behind us, either. Awesome! Slightly further away from games than I was used to in Pep Band, but insane nonetheless. Speaking of insane, the fans were insane. Speaking of fans, the Jazz have a lot of them. Speaking of jazz, Junior and I went to one of Greg's Jazz Synthesis concerts a few weeks ago. You may ask what we had as a snack. Oh, just a little Alex Boye Sandwhich. So... The jazz won 100-88, so all but the 15 Suns fans were happy.
Alex Boye
 Wednesday's News: I received half tuition for this upcoming year!!!! Working hard is finally paying off. So excited = ) I have literally filled out hundreds of scholarship applications since my high school years, and had all but given up on the hope of receiving this. Early birthday present. The joys of attempting to learn for free instead of pay! 

This morning (Thursday) I started work at Sawtooth Software at FIVE a.m. Somehow I am still alive... went 12 hours during the day without eating. I'll have to get used to this, but I'm excited. Thrilled to be working at my first professional job! I am doing Market Research Analysis and Customer Support for coding issues in web-based surveys using conjoint analysis. From what I can tell I will be working with huge online surveys for giant companies such as google, ebay, and toyota.

I also went to my friend's (Dani and Mimi) wedding reception. It took me 75 minutes to make the 40 minute drive, and I got lost for a minute, but the good thing about Utah is I just drive toward/away from the mountains. Within 2 minutes of putting away my directions, I located her street. I've never actually been lost... just head in the general direction you want to go. There were tons of people there and adorable nieces and nephews!

Harvey Unga
I'll also throw in a picture last week. Just studying in the math lab with my bud Harvey Unga.
Did I say math lab? I meant stud lab! Fellow nerds unite!!!
Oh, how I miss the snow!
and home...
There's no place like home!

1 comment: